Telangana is a state in southern India. In the capital of Hyderabad, the Charminar is a 16th-century mosque with 4 arches supporting 4 towering minarets. The monument overlooks the city's long-running Laad Bazaar. Once the seat of the Qutb Shahi dynasty, the sprawling Golconda Fort is a former diamond-trading center. In the city of Warangal, the centuries-old Warangal Fort features carved stone towers and gateways.
Telangana state became the 29th state of India On 2 June 2014, consisting of the ten north-western districts of Andhra Pradesh. The city of Hyderabad will serve as the joint capital of Telangana state and Andhra Pradesh for up to ten years.
- Telangana State is a newly formed state and named as the 29th state of south India on 2nd June 2014.
- It has an area of 114,840 Square Km (44,340 sq. mi), and a population of 35,286,757 (according to 2011 census), it ranked as 12th largest state in the southern region.
- the area a part of the Hyderabad Medak and Warangal which was ruled by the Nizams during British Raj before the year 1947.
- IN 1956 Andhra state was merged with Telangana region when Hyderabad as the state to Andhra Pradesh.
- After the success of Telangana movement, the central government stated 29th state of south India as Telangana.
- And India consisting of the ten north-western districts of Andhra Pradesh with Hyderabad as its Joint capital for 10 years.
- It means Hyderabad will be served as the joint capital for both the state for 10 years until 2024.
- Telangana State is boarded by the Andhra Pradesh to the south and east, state of Maharashtra to the north and north-west, the state of Karnataka to the west and state of Chhattisgarh to the north-east.
- Hyderabad, Warangal, Nizamabad, Karimnagar, and Ramagundam are the major cities in Telangana.
- Telangana is bordered by the states of Andhra Pradesh to the south and east, Maharashtra to the north and north-west, Karnataka to the west and Chhattisgarh to the north-east.
Telangana has an area of 114,840 square kilometers (44,340 sq mi) and a population of 35,286,757 (2011 census). Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Warangal, Karimnagar, and Nizamabad are the major cities in Telangana State.
Language And Culture
How To Reach